Exogenous Ketones!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Late Night Snack: The Smell of Fear and Sprinting



In case you missed it, the other day I posted this on facebook and twitter:  "Love coaching club again!  This am warm-up:  10x "sit on the gutter, stare at the floor, feel sorry for yourself bc last pm practice was so hard" on 1:05.

The funny part is that it really went pretty close to that way.  They were moping on the gutter and stalling as much as they could (which is typical when it is so early) so I made that joke and a couple of them started watching the clock and acting like they were taking short breaks between rounds of sad-faced self-pity.  It was downright hilarious.

I am starting to find that with this group of athletes morning practice is turning into an awkward sort of comedy gold and i really am enjoying seeing their not-quite smiling faces at 5:45am.

This is another example of a true conversation from practice this morning:



SWIMMER:  "Coach, how many rounds of this set are we doing?"


VIKING!:  "We are gonna do this until I have to pee.  So if you make me so excited that I almost pee my pants, this will be the last round."


SWIMMER:  "Mom!  Please run to McDonald's and get coach another large coffee!"


VIKING!:  "Ahhh... Nothing beats the smell of fear and sprinting in the morning."


This weekend I will be coaching at my first club meet in a long time.  I am looking forward to seeing some old friends on the pool deck and hopefully I will have a chance to get some good stuff on video.  Wish us good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment