Exogenous Ketones!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Richard Quick...

I just wanted to post a little something about Coach Quick. I don’t really know him, but just like many of us in swimming I feel as though I do from watching his videos and hearing him speak. He gave an amazing presentation on butterfly at a clinic I attended, and during it I couldn’t help but notice that he carried himself in a way that just made you think you could do better. Kind of like the way you wouldn’t misbehave in school when you are with a teacher you like… ya know?

His positive energy was infectious. After his time on stage, he stood out in the hall and took time to speak to anyone who approached him. I caught him to talk about starts for a second. All I can remember was that he took something I said compared it to something he did to help Rowdy Gaines in the early 80’s. I honestly can’t remember the story because the whole time I was thinking, “I can’t believe Richard Quick is taking this much time to talk to little old me.” He spoke to me in a way that was unbelievably comfortable, almost like we were old buddies who had just never had the chance to work together.


Richard Quick was not only an inspiring leader… he was a friend to all who love the sport of swimming.


Coach Quick, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment