Exogenous Ketones!

Monday, April 27, 2009

One of my pet peeves


I hate it when someone is bragging on the hotel they stayed in last night and they say it had an "olympic size pool."

Oh really? They have an 8-lane long course facility at your Days Inn? It's funny how the city of Springield, with the help of two universities, two USA clubs, and six high schools can't seem to come up with the cash to fund one. Days Inn must be doing pretty well.

It bothers me even more when the hotel actually lies to us and advertises an "olympic size pool" and the picture shows a 4 foot deep kidney shaped wader...

so you can imagine the laugh I got when my wife was looking up vacation rentals and happened upon this picture with the caption "swimming olympic size river across from us."

Come on, people! We can do better. Can't we come up with another way to describe your pool? How about fun size?... or does that sound too much like a candy bar? What about "lame size?"

Give me a freekin' break.


No comments:

Post a Comment