Exogenous Ketones!

Friday, February 11, 2011

about.com

I bitched and complained. I begged and pleaded. I sold myself shamelessly, taking advantage of the loyalty of all of the swim friend connections throughout my email accounts and facebook.

I really whored myself out to get votes in the About.com Readers Choice contest.

Apparently I am not even a part of the voting. We only get to vote on the top 5 nominations and I never even got the email that would have said I am in the top 10.

Don't get me wrong. I might play like I tie my self esteem to things like this, but honestly I was just hoping for some blog fodder to come from it. I was going to trash talk all the other bloggers because I will do anything to get a blog fight going. I don't get a dime for this. I get paid in comments. Blog fight comments are worth the most.

When I send out bulk emails about swim blog stuff, I always try to include some of the high profile people I have never met but harass the most. I got a few good responses from the friends I didn't annoy to death with my email bombardments, but the best reply is what one person equated to a "unicorn sighting," and another called "the shortest piece of prose from SwimNews ever."

This is, word for word, the email I got from Craig Lord:


Mr Viking,

The dye and the vote is cast ... may your online ego grow in tune with the length of your horns, yon warrior...

Regards, J. Jonah Jameson


Come on, guys... you gotta give him credit for being a good sport and playing along. Ha!






I must say that while searching for the right picture to stick Craig Lord's face on, I marveled at how many pictures are out there of Barack Obama and Robocop riding unicorns. Go ahead. Google it. It's crazy.

4 comments:

  1. This is outrageous. I thought America was the land of free? This stinks of a rigged vote.

    The Swim Professor... followers = 58. Are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!

    I made a blog from the SV for my unicorn reference!

    This is a good sign for starting the day off right or the beginning of the end, I can't quite tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be sad! You're the number one for the most funniest swim blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete