Exogenous Ketones!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Taking a TV and Comic Break.

High school swimming is underway and we will hit our first races tonight. Other than that, the swimming world is just waking up from a nice, long nap. What have I been doing with my spare time?...


We rented the first two seasons of Mad Men on DVD. My wife and I have gone through the marathon of 28 episodes to catch up and finally we can watch the new ones without feeling lost. I think everything about the show is brilliant... so it was cool to see the recent USA Today article saying that the world of the Madison Avenue ad execs in the '60's was very much like the show, and maybe even more so.

Then I saw the big news... Marvel Comics, Inc. was just bought out by Disney. This is huge. I only hope that it does not mean a compromise in the quality of Marvel. The Marvel character based movies are finally starting to get the whole superhero thing right. The Disney deal will hopefully give them the resources to take it into a whole new realm of fanboy heaven. Maybe they will have the nuggets now to finally make a real Daredevil movie. My Viking sense is buzzing over this, in a good way.

...and hey, if Stan "The Man" Lee says it's a good thing, I am gonna go into it with a good feeling. He just makes me want to dress up and fight crime. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

Excelsior, True Believers!


No comments:

Post a Comment