Exogenous Ketones!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

All are invited to the /r/swimmer party!



Lately I have become a Redditor.  If you don't know what I am talking about, you are missing out.  Reddit.com is a news site where anyone can post text, photos or links and they are ranked with up/down votes by readers. Those posts grabbing the highest number land on the front page.  One of the best things about it is that the comments, like floswimming back in the day, are a free for all.


I am getting a lot smarter from reading articles about foreign policy and science, and dumber due to Rage Comics and memes, but after a while I realized I had been reading a lot less about swimming so I tried to find out if our sport had a presence there.  When I sought out the sub-reddit /r/swimming, I was a little disappointed.  There was no funny, and hardly any links to real swimming news and blogs, so I decided to start a new sub-reddit for real swimmers:  reddit.com/r/swimmer 

This is a meme someone posted:  First World Swimmer Problem.  Don't worry, you'll understand when you get sucked in to browsing reddit.

Please head there and subscribe. I ain't gonna lie-- I plan to post links to our stuff there just like we do on facebook and twitter, but at reddit, anyone can post anything they think is interesting.  The more the merrier.  The up and down votes sort it out democratically.  It is yet another swim community to check in with every day, but I have to tell you, it could become a really cool thing if we get enough swimmers, coaches and fans on board.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment