Exogenous Ketones!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Petersburg, Alaska

I know that Nats are going on and there is a lot to talk about in swimming, but I had to post these vids from home that I just discovered. For me, this time of year was all about swimming in the summers I went to Zones. With the Alaskan team back in the day we went down a week early to adjust to the heat. It made for an awesome trip. On the summers I wasn't able to swim, early August meant we were finally starting to put the crab pots away if the Dungies were getting scarce enough. Halibut was the other fishery I worked in, and you will see several of those on the vids. A lot of the footage is also taken at Icicle Seafoods, where I used to work 8am to midnight, 7 days a week through the summer when I wasn't on the boat catching bottom dwellers.

In the first video, you can actually see a boat I worked on (for a one weekend job) and my old school Superintendent, Mr. Wright, does most of the talking. At 57 seconds in, you can even get a look at one of my old girlfriend's from high school. :) The second video has is a clip from a National Geographic video that has some good footage of the town. If you ever want to take a trip to AK, shoot me an email and I can give you some advice to make the most of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment