Exogenous Ketones!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Conference Central is Online!

Collegeswimming.com has CONFERENCE CENTRAL up and running. I guarantee I am going to run down the battery on my iphone several time this weekend pulling up results.

Of course, I have to take this as an opportunity to brag on my Missouri State Lady Bears who had a heck of a first night at the Missouri Valley Championships. They are leaving the 5 team field behind with wins in both the 200 Free and 400 Medley Relays. Brianna Willoughby took the 200 IM with three seconds separating her from second place in 2:05.58, and Freshman Amber Green owned the 50 by 4 tenths, turning in a 23.30.

The swim of the night though, was turned in by a Saluki. Southern Illinois' Freshman Kristen Groome turned in a 4:44.48 in the 500 which was not only an SIU team record; it took the Valley record by over ten seconds and broke Janie Coontz' pool record from 1983 by a solid four!

WOW.

I don't think anyone doubts that Coach Rick Walker can get a distance swimmer ready to race. He wasn't named America's Open Water Swimming Man of the Year for his good looks!

Way to go Valley girls! Keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment